Jul 24, 2010

Great Movie Pick-Up Lines

In the movies, they make it look so easy..
Take this, from Clark Gable to Jean Harlow in Red Dust:
"Mind if I get drunk with you?"

Or Annette Bening to Warren Beatty in Bugsy:
"I gotta warn ya, every man I've ever gone out with has been ruined."
"Well, that's what they get for messing with my girl."

Or, of course, Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn in Charade:
Cary: "Do we know each other?"

Audrey: "Why, do you think we're going to? Because I already know an awful lot of people and until one of them dies I couldn't possibly meet anyone else."

Cary: "Well, if anyone goes on the critical list, let me know."

“I would give anything if you were two people, so I could call up the one who is my friend and tell her about the one I like so much.”
(Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter, Broadcast News, 1987)

“Can you keep a secret? I'm trying to organize a prison break. We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country. Are you in or you out?”
“I'm in.”
(Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson, Lost In Translation, 2004)

“Your eyes are amazing do you know that? You should never shut them, not even at night.”
(Oliver Martinez to Dianne Lane, Unfaithful, 2002)

No comments: