Jul 31, 2010

FIDO is the obvious next movie to see after Zombieland....

Cover of "Fido"Cover of Fido
Should a movie about an 11 year-old boy, who befriends a zombie get an R Rating? This was the question that nagged me as I sat down to watch "Fido." a Canadian movie releasedin 2007 starring Carrie Anne Moss (The Matrix) and Tim Blake Nelson... While the DVD cover says it is gut laughing funny, I was more intrigued, waiting for the "R" rated violence to happen...

For the first time, I think a movie's rating influenced how I viewed the film... I kept expecting something that would force me to pass by it on the next family movie night... Nope.... Nothing... Alright, so a kid beheads an old woman... who here hasn't seen a few of those things happen from time to time? And yes, who hasn't seen a mom kill and burn a couple of ill-mannered kids....? But seriously, I am not afraid to recommend this to kids aged 12 and up. It makes no real attempt to scare you....just entertain....

The movie is awesome.... Basically very funny, and exudes 1950's charm, a la Pleasantville.... But shame on the MPAA for rating it 'R'... This is a PG-13 movie all the way!! Unlike any other zombie movie you are likely to see this week...
One reviewer noted: "It is probable you will appreciate the humour of this film unless your father tried to eat you."
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

The Cheshire Cat said...

Great review. I like the way you think. Personally, I think this movie has all the right things going for it. Amazing cast, great cinematography, unique premises and lots of laughs. I think it's great to see a zombie-apocalypse movie where humanity is improved as a result. What would you do with your own zombie servant? I'd get him to fold laundry. I have laundry.

I also got the chance to review this movie on my Horror Movie Review blog. Take a look if you get a chance, I can always use some feedback from another critic.

http://horrormoviemedication.blogspot.com/2013/03/fido-zombie-is-mans-best-friend.html